Fresh on the heels of the clean sheets, times a side has been held scoreless and both teams to score (BTTS) statistics, the Match Centres on our sister website Australia Sports Tipping now include winning margin and win to nil statistics for football fixtures. Currently the A-League and English Premier League are catered for.
The performance guide now displays the number of times each side has:
Won by 1 goal, Won by 2 goals, Won by 3 goals, Won by 4 goals, Won by 5 goals, Won by 6+ goals
Lost by 1 goal, Lost by 2 goals, Lost by 3 goals, Lost by 4 goals, Lost by 5 goals, Lost by 6+ goals
Won to nil and Lost to nil
These statistics are shown for home/away and all fixtures over the last 12 months, as well as for home/away and all fixtures against the team’s upcoming opponent.
To illustrate the new statistics, the screenshot to the right shows Tottenham’s performance guide for their upcoming visit to Southampton. The newly added statistics are shown in blue. The Game Centre for this fixture also displays the equivalent statistics for Southampton, along with form guides and head-to-head statistics for each team. Each match centre also features bookmaker odds and member tipping data. View the Southampton vs. Tottenham match centre.
Other features available for football fixtures are:
- Interactive form guide – enables you to view overall as well as home and away form guides for the league. You can also filter the form guide by strength of opponent.
- Betting value index – ranks each team based on their betting value in the head-to-head market. The data can be filtered by date.
- Home-field advantage analysis – compares each team’s winning records at home versus away. League averages and medians are also provided. The data can be filtered by date.
- Poisson distribution tool – enables you to apply the Poisson distribution to any pair of teams and chosen time-frame. Outcome probabilities predicted by the model along with their respective fair odds are provided.
- Elo ratings tool – enables you to calculate the Elo ratings of each team using the parameters of your choosing. A number of variant methodologies are also shown.
These are all linked to on each match centre.