This article has been superseded by a more recent, in-depth review. View the most recent review of Sportingbet Australia.
The following is a review of the betting agency SportingBet. I will update this review periodically to keep the details up to date.
SportingBet was the second agency that I signed up with and is one of the agencies I use the most. It is licensed in the Northern Territory but is available to all Australians as well as internationally.
- New member offers – New members receive a $100 free bet when you make an initial deposit of $30 or more.
- Deposit options – credit card, POLi (enables you to pay by bank deposit instantly), BPay, direct deposit, Paypal
- Withdrawal options – Bank account, BPay, Paypal, cheque
- Transaction fees – None
- Minimum bet – $1.00
- Sports – A wide range of sports, racing, and entertainment betting options are available. Some of the more “exotic” bets available include JJJ Hottest 100, Olympic hosting rights winner, and Golden Globe winners.
- Live betting – Live betting during matches is available but over the phone only for Australian residents
- Credit – None that I am aware of
- Upsides – SportingBet offers a relatively generous sign up bonus compared to some other services. They offer a fantastic range of options to handle withdrawals and deposits. After using services with static navigation menus I have grown to really appreciate their dynamic betting menu that makes browsing available bets quick and easy. Another upside is SportingBet tends to be a bit faster than some other bookmakers at providing betting options for upcoming events.
- Downsides – It’s hard to find much fault with their service. It would be good though if they could add a credit facility that some other betting agencies offer.
- Bottom line – I have made countless bets with SportingBet and have successfully withdrawn money from them. I can recommend this service with confidence.