The promotion has since been replaced with a $10 new member offer. Make your next deposit using the Skrill wallet, and you’ll get $10 free to play with in your room of choice.
In response to our favourable review of Moneybookers in the Depositing & Withdrawing Funds section of the Beginner’s Guide, Moneybookers have teamed up with AusSportsBetting.com to offer the following promotion:
Receive a 20% cash back from the first deposit you make with a bookmaker using Skrill (Moneybookers). The maximum cash back is €10 or the AUD currency equivalent. Learn more.
What is Skrill/Moneybookers?
Skrill is a UK service that facilitates payments and money transfers through the Internet. It was founded in 2001 as “Moneybookers”, although the service is currently being rebranded as “Skrill”. Moneybookers serves as a secure way to send money to another person or company without having to share your financial details. The service is regulated by the Financial Services Authority of the United Kingdom.
Australians can deposit funds into their Moneybookers digital wallet by credit card, bank transfer, or POLi (discussed further below). Withdrawals can be made by bank transfer or cheque.
The Moneybookers fee schedule is as follows:
– Bank transfer: FREE
– POLi: FREE
– Credit card: 1.90%
Sending/receiving money to/from another person:
– Sending: 1% (up to AUD $0.64)
– Receiving: FREE
– Bank transfer: AUD $2.31
– Cheque: AUD $4.49
Why use Moneybookers with online bookmakers?
As discussed in our guide on depositing & withdrawing funds with bookmakers, Moneybookers is an excellent means of transferring funds to and from your bookmaker account for the following reasons:
- Deposits made using Moneybookers are made available in your betting account immediately.
- You avoid having to send in scanned or faxed copies of your credit card to each bookmaker like you do with credit card deposits.
- It’s more secure than deposits by credit card and bank transfer because you don’t share any financial details with the bookmaker.
- You don’t have to deposit funds with Moneybookers first before depositing funds into a betting account. Moneybookers will handle the deposit into your Moneybookers account and transfer to your betting account in one step.
- Moneybookers supports POLi for Australian users. This enables you to use POLi as the effective deposit method even with international bookmakers.
- Moneybookers is a convenient means of withdrawing funds. This is especially the case for international bookmakers because it enables you to avoid hefty transaction fees associated with international bank transfers.
- Moneybookers is widely accepted. Most Australian bookmakers support it and every international bookmaker we have reviewed accepts it. With some international services Moneybookers is in fact the only deposit/withdrawal method made available to Australian residents.
The 20% cash back promotion
The Moneybookers promotion works as follows:
- Open a Skrill (Moneybookers) account using THIS LINK.
- Choose Skrill (Moneybookers) when depositing at any online casino, bookmaker or poker room. You can view a list of bookmakers that accept Moneybookers here.
- Receive your 20% cash back in your Skrill (Moneybookers) account within 1 business day. The maximum cash back is €10 or the AUD currency equivalent.
POLi is a secure online payment system that enables consumers to transfer funds to online merchants and billers directly from their bank account. Unlike regular bank transfers, bank transfers made using POLi are confirmed and acknowledged by the recipient immediately. POLi is free to use. Learn more about POLi.