Australia Sports Betting has developed a free Excel staking plan spreadsheet which doubles as a betting tracker. This project is a fork (offshoot) of the standard version (v2.16) of our popular Excel betting tracker.
The worksheet tracks your bets and provides in-depth performance data as well as a profit graph. In addition to the standard betting tracker features, this worksheet calculates recommended stakes using four different staking plans: level stakes, percentage stakes, square root stakes and the Kelly criterion. The spreadsheet compares your betting performance to the hypothetical results had you strictly followed the four staking plans. The level, percentage and square root plans have adjustable settings that include the ability to adjust your stake for the wager odds and bet rating.
The staking plan Excel calculator contains the following worksheets as described below:
- Introduction – provides an introduction to the spreadsheet, along with some instructions
- General Settings – contains the worksheet settings for bookmakers, sports categories, bet types, tippers, etc.
- Staking Plan Settings – contains the worksheet settings for the staking plans along with some instructions
- Deposits – data entry sheet for deposits and withdrawals
- Bets – data entry sheet for your betting activity. Recommended stakes are displayed on this sheet.
- Available Funds – lists your credit levels for each betting agency
- Performance Summary – interactive worksheet that summarises your betting performance
- Staking Plans Comparison Graph – compares your betting performance to hypothetical results had to strictly adhered to certain staking plans
Download – requires Excel 2007 and Onwards (.xlsx)
We recommend you save the file to your computer first, then open it with Excel.
Note that this is a resource intensive spreadsheet. It will be slow to use on some computers.
|Staking Plan Calculator and Betting Tracker v1.00 (~6.1 MB)|
How does this compare to the standard and advanced betting trackers?
Both the staking plan calculator and advanced betting tracker contain all of the features included in the standard betting tracker. The advanced betting tracker includes closing odds and lines analysis while the staking plan calculator provides stake recommendations.