This article has been superseded by a more recent review. View the most recent comprehensive review of Luxbet.
The following is a review of the betting agency Luxbet. I will update this review periodically to keep the details up to date. You can view other bookmaker reviews here.
Luxbet is one of the newer entrants to the sports betting market, but it was set up by the ASX listed company Tabcorp. For those of you who aren’t familiar with Tabcorp, just know that it’s a large, safe company. You can learn more about Tabcorp here.
- New member offers – use the promo code Lux100 and deposit $25 or more to receive a $100 free bet. The bonus bet must be wagered as a single bet on a market with odds of at least 1.50. If the free bet wins, the profit will be credited to your Luxbet account. Your initial deposit and any winnings from the free bet must be turned over at least once on bets with odds of at least 1.50 before being withdrawn. Due to legislative restrictions, SA, Vic and Qld residents are not eligible to receive the free bet. International customers are not entitled to this offer.
- Deposit options – credit card, POLi (enables you to pay by bank deposit instantly), BPay, direct bank transfer
- Withdrawal options – direct bank transfer
- Transaction fees – None
- Minimum bet – $1.00
- Currencies – AUD, EUR, GBP, USD
- Betting Markets / Options – A good range of sporting markets is offered. Luxbet covers the needs of most punters, with the popular sports like NRL, football, tennis, rugby union, cricket and AFL all catered for. I’ve noticed that Luxbet’s offerings are constantly improving over time.
- Live betting – Live betting during popular fixtures is available
- Credit – Members can apply for a credit facility
- Luxbet is backed by the entertainment giant Tabcorp.
- The website layout is very intuitive. Beginners will find it easy to learn the ropes while experienced punters will appreciate the familiarity of the layout.
- The navigation panel for selecting betting markets is excellent. You can very quickly find available betting opportunities using the drop down menus. I find that most bookmakers nest categories within categories within categories, but Luxbet has kept it nice and simple, with your desired market no more than two clicks away.
- Every bet type has a help button next to it. This is a great feature for beginners.
- The betting selection isn’t as good as some of their larger competitors. While Luxbet does cater for most Australian punters’ needs, I have found the occasional gap in their offerings. Having said that, their selection has been improving over time.
- Bottom line – as far as selecting a bookmakers goes, Luxbet is a very solid bet. They provide the reassurance of being backed by Tabcorp, and the simple navigation menu makes betting easy. Punters who already have numerous bookmaker accounts will enjoy the $100 free bet, while newbies will appreciate the intuitive website layout.
Pingback: Australia Sports Betting » Blog Archive » Get a free AFL / NRL / Super 14 Jersey through Luxbet
Pingback: Australia Sports Betting » Blog Archive » Get a free 2010 FIFA World Cup Jersey!