The following is a review of the betting agency BetRedKings. This review serves as the first in a series on international betting agencies. I distinguish between local and international agencies based on whether they support Australian dollar accounts. You can view agencies that support Australian dollars here. You can view a list of other international bookmakers here.
BetRedKings is the sports betting site for the company RedKings, which is licensed in Gibraltar. RedKings offers poker and casino games on top of its sports betting service. Football (soccer) fixtures make up the overwhelming majority of the bookmaker’s offerings, with virtually every professional league catered for. At the time of this review, tennis, American football, fighting, basketball and baseball were the other most catered for markets.
- New member offers – BetRedKings is currently offering a 100% first deposit bonus up to $100. Note that BetRedKings imposes heavy turnover requirements before you can withdraw these funds.
- Deposit options – credit card, Moneybookers, Neteller, WebMoney, Click2Pay, ClickandBuy, ukash, Western Union
- Withdrawal options – credit card, Moneybookers, Netellter, WebMoney, Click2Pay, ClickandBuy, direct bank transfer
- Transaction fees – none
- Currencies supported – USD, EUR
- Minimum bet – no minimum!
- Turnover requirements – 1x for deposits at 2.00+ odds, 5x for bonus funds at 2.00+ odds.
- Betting Markets / Options – BetRedKings offers odds on a relatively narrow range of sports, but these sports are well catered for. Football is the largest market, while tennis, basketball and baseball are also well covered. Australian fans of NRL and AFL are better off using an Australian bookmaker.
- Live betting – Live ‘in-play’ betting during popular fixtures is available
- Credit facilities – Not that I’m aware of
- Restricted countries – RedKings does not accept real money players from Cyprus, Israel, Turkey, France or the United States.
- The user interface is the highlight of BetRedKings. It appears to be heavily Ajax driven, which means you can interact and place wagers without reloading the page. This is great when you are trying to make bets quickly. The displayed odds update live, and are highlighted when they change.
- The simple navigation menu makes finding betting markets quick and easy
- There is no minimum bet level
- Users can easily transfer funds over to the Poker sister-site if you get bored with sports betting
- The deposit procedure is a little disconcerting. When using a credit card, you are redirected to payments.rk-operation.com which, it turns out, is the website of the owning company. After making my first deposit the left panel displayed “Betting Balance: $0.00”. Fortunately, the rest of the site acknowledged my deposit and I was able to bet immediately.
- The sports betting service is tailored to a few select sporting markets. The company’s major focus appears to be its Poker and Casino sites.
- Bottom line – BetRedKings is a solid service, driven by a fantastic website interface. The betting selection is a little limited, although football fans are very well catered for. The initial bonus deposit is generous, although the turnover requirements for the bonus funds are harsh. I recommend this service to football fans as well as experienced punters who wish to take advantage of the current bonus offer. This service should also appeal to small-time punters who will appreciate the no minimum bet restrictions.