IASbet has since merged with Sportsbet. View our comprehensive Sportsbet review.
The following is a review of the betting agency IASbet. I will update this review periodically to keep the details up to date. You can view other agencies that support Australian dollars here. You can view a list of other international bookmakers here.
IASbet is owned Sportsbet, which is a well known brand for Internet betting in Australia. IASbet is marketed as having low bookmaking margins, which equates to good odds for punters.
- New member offers – IASbet currently offers the following coupons:
Code: FREEBET for $100 free bet (min $50 deposit)
Code: PLAYER for 20% deposit bonus up to $200 (min $150 deposit)
Code: HIGHROLLER for 15% deposit bonus up to $1,000 (min $2,000 deposit)
- Deposit options – Credit card, POLi, NETeller, EntroPay, Moneybookers, BPAY, bank transfer, cheque
- Withdrawal options – Credit card, NETeller, Moneybookers, bank transfer
- Transaction fees – none for Australian users
- Currencies supported – AUD, CAD, CHF, EUR, GBP, HKD, IDR, MYR, NZD, RMB, SGD, THB, USD, ZAR
- Minimum bet – $1
- Turnover requirements – 1x, or 2x-4x if bonus funds were awarded with the deposit
- Betting Markets / Options – a good selection of sporting markets is available, which is likely to meet the needs of most punters. The selection isn’t as deep as some of its competitors, however. I recommend browsing through the betting selection to see if it suits the sports you follow.
- Live betting – Live ‘in-play’ betting during popular fixtures is available over the phone
- Credit facilities – credit facilities are available from $200 upwards
- Restricted countries – IASbet does not accept new account registrations from residents of Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia, Bulgaria, China, Congo Republic, Costa Rica, Croatia, Denmark, Estonia, Georgia, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Iran, Israel, Jamaica, Japan, Kazakhstan, Korea, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Malaysia, Moldova, Montenegro, Nigeria, Pakistan, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Seychelles, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sri Lanka, Swaziland, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Thailand, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Vietnam, United States of America, United States Minor Outlying Islands, Uzbekistan, Wallis and Futuna, Yugoslavia and Zimbabwe
- Australian Residents can verify their identity online in minutes. This avoids the hassle of obtaining certified copies of identity documents.
- The navigation menu is simple. The betting interface is functional and intuitive.
- Good deposit bonus offer for high rollers.
- Doesn’t offer any extra services like some other bookmakers. For example there are no video feeds, casino games, etc.
- The betting selection isn’t as large as some competitors.
- Bottom line – the more I use IASbet, the more I like it. It doesn’t offer any fancy extras, but it does the important things well. It provides a sound navigation system, competitive odds, and a good selection of sports markets. High rollers will appreciate the $1,000 sign up bonus, and the online identity check is a fantastic feature.