With the Spring Carnival in full swing, Sportsbet have launched a same race multi feature, which as far as we’re aware is a first for Australia.
How the same race multi feature works
The feature enables you to select multiple runners to win or finish in the top 2, 3 or 4 in the race. This allows you to select 1-4 legs for your multi.
Some examples are:
- 1 leg: Horse A to finish in the top 2
- 2 legs: Horse A to Win + Horse B to finish in the top 3
- 3 legs: Horse A to Win + Horse B to finish in the top 4 + Horse C to finish in the top 4
- 4 legs: Horse A to finish in the top 2 + Horse B to finish in the top 2 + horse C to finish in the top 4 + Horse D to finish in the top 4
We had a play around with the odds and if you select a combination that isn’t feasible you will see the error “This finishing order is not possible and this selection will not be added.”
The main drawcard of the same race multi feature is it gives you more selection flexibility.
The 1-leg option gives you two new opportunities for races where the top three place: to back a horse to finish in the top 2 or in the top 4.
Unlike standard exotics, you no longer have to rely on three runners to finish in the top 3 or four runners to finish in the top four. For example you can simply select 2 runners to both place or both finish in the top four.
Because the feature uses fixed rather than Tote odds you can play around with selections and immediately see the resulting odds. Any time you add a selection the updated odds are automatically displayed.
To play around with the feature, visit the Sportsbet racing page, pick an upcoming race and click on the ‘Same Race Multi’ link near the top of the page.
- The Sportsbet same race multi feature is available on all thoroughbred racing at Australian venues (not overseas)
- The feature is available on races with six or more runners
- It is available on the race day only (around 9:30 AM, post scratchings)
- The maximum number of legs is 4, and you can’t select a horse in more than one market. Once you select a horse to finish Top 2 for example, you can’t also add that horse to finish Top 4.
- Boxing isn’t supported. You can add 4x Top 4 selections, or 1x Win into 3x Top 4 selections but not 6x Top 4 selections
- Same race multis that contain a scratched runner will be voided
- Same race multis that are impacted by a scratching (but none of your runners are scratched) still stand. No deductions will be applied.
Visit the Sportsbet racing page to learn more.